Feline Friends funds CPD Symposia at which lecturers from home and abroad report on the most current approaches and research into various aspects of clinical and behavioural feline welfare.
We endeavour to provide pleasant and convivial environments for these Symposia so that vets can make the most of these events, interact directly with the speakers, while at the same time enjoy a relaxing meal and refreshments.
Our lecturers to date have included, Eric McCarrison Vet of the Year 2007, along with leading international authorities in their fields: Dr. Margie Scherk from Canada and Professor Daniel Mills from the University of Lincoln.
Subjects have included :
- The latest approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of chronic renal disease and non-regenerative anaemia.
Including a case study using erythropoietin in general practice.
- Analgesic options in cats – The treatment of acute and chronic pain.
This presentation looked at the phenomenon of pain, recognition of pain in cats and the multimodal analgesic approach for both prevention and alleviation of pain. Age-related issues were also addressed.
- Managing Multiple Health Issues in Multicat Households.
Their physiological and psychological wellbeing.
Dr. Margie Scherk
Professor Daniel Mills
And the following are just a few of the many comments received from participating vets :
- ‘Thank you for a very interesting and thought provoking evening’.
- ‘A brilliant event. Both speakers were excellent, and their talks very informative’.
- ‘I found the CPD very informative, and am sure that it will improve the way pain in cats is dealt with at our surgery’.
- ‘An amazing venue and a really interesting talk. Thank you’
- ‘It was interesting to hear Margie's other suggestions for the more unusual cases which I will be trying out in the near future’.
- I greatly appreciated the new ideas and perspectives on something as important as pain management’.
- ‘Much discussion of the talk has ensued between the seven vets in the practice; and some alteration to treatment protocols. So thank you’.
The Lecture Room
CPD Photography by: www.harveywoodimages.co.uk